Berkshire War Memorials

Vale of White Horse - South Hinksey

South Hinksey is accessible only from the Oxford Ring Road (A34)

It was originally part of the parish of Cumnor, but separated in the mid 18th Century. New Hinksey was formed in 1889 and although it remains in the ecclesiastical parish it was transferred to the City of Oxford.

St Laurence Church

The Church Tower from the south

The Chancel and Nave from the north

The Churchyard (WM4202) contains 7 CWGC burials

F W Wharton (died 14/10/18) , George Henry Cox (died 5/12/18) and M Adams (died 5/2/18) are from WW1

James Bernard Harris (died 29/12/46), Charles Henry Bowley (died 10/9/44) and John Emerson Boyle (died 6/7/1942) are from WW2 and James Bernard Ward (died 25/12/46) is not shown

St John's Church, New Hinksey

WW1 Memorial (WM5614)

37 names with units and dates

WW2 Memorial (WM5615)

18 names with units and dates

Back to top »

2011 - © Berkshire Archaeological Society